FELT BUNNY TREAT BAG SUPPLIES
- White Felt
- Pink Felt
- FREE Bunny Treat Bag Template
- Disappearing Marking Pen
- Sewing Machine
- Treats to Fill the Bag
1. First, download the our free bunny treat bag template, HERE. Cut it out, then trace around it onto the white felt. Add the facial details as a sewing pattern guide, or free draw your own cute face. Next, trace around the inner ear and nose template onto the pink felt and cut them out.
2. With the sewing machine, add the facial details. The facial stitches could also be hand-sewn, or simply drawn on with a fabric marker.
3. Next, sew on the pink nose and ears.
4. Now you’re ready to stitch the outline of your bunny’s head to make the bag. Put the second piece of white felt behind the bunny, so you are stitching two pieces together. Stitch, starting from the tip of one ear, all the way around to the tip of the other ear. Do not sew the inside part of each ear – that forms the opening of your bunny treat bag.
5. Now you can cut around your bunny close to stitching, being careful to not cut into the stitching line. Lastly, cut out the inside of the ears on the marking line.
6. Now you’re ready to fill your bunny bag with treats and fasten the ears together with a ribbon. This is a great way to use little odds and ends of pretty ribbons and they look so inviting set out as Easter dinner place settings at the kids’ table.
All done! How easy is that for a little Easter sewing craft? These are so simple that once you get the hang of it, you can whip them out in no time to have one for each of your guests. They are kid-pleasers for sure – I mean, who could resist that cute little face?